My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Winnebango Man (2009)

What happens when you become an internet sensation, but not for doing something admirable, but embarrassingly funny?   Well, that’s what this documentary from Ben Steinbauer attempts to find out when he searches out and finds Jack Rebney, aka the Winnebango Man.   Mr. Rebney shot an industrial sales video for Winnebango.  Unbeknownst to him the outtakes of this strenuous job became a favorite for home video collectors, his cursing and outbursts being traded across the country for big laughs.  And then to make things worse for him, the video gets released onto the internet.  The rest is internet history.   Yet that’s only half the story, because its Steinbauer’s journey to find the real Rebney and to help him find redemption that is truly inspirational.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment