My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Game of Thrones (Season 3)

This is the first season where I hadn’t read the books first.   I almost wished I had because I then would have been prepared for what is the most shocking and bloody season so far.   I don’t know a more effective gut-punch in television show history; at least that I can remember in recent times.  A lot of things happen and most of it is not good, for our heroes that is.  To not give anything away, instead of giving a rundown, I’ll say just see it.  If you’ve watched the first two seasons then just go ahead and keep watching.  It’s a great television show and unless you’re squeamish and hate violence then do yourself a favor and watch.  True, it might piss you off a bit, and you might threaten to never watch another episode, but you will because you’ll recognize great storytelling when you see it.   The question I have is can the producers top themselves with season four?   I’m going to start watching the next season right away to find out.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment