My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Games of Thrones (Season 2)

That was fast.  As soon as I completed reading the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire and binge watched through the second season of this wonderful fantasy program.  Some changes were made, as expected, but ultimately a very faithful adaption.   The performances, the direction of each episode and the production design are all first class.   I wish all great fantasy novels could have this kind of treatment.   I’m now going to start flying through this series, it’s too good to not watch and I’m petrified that someone will spoil something and this is one of those shows that you want to experience the many surprises that Martin has up his sleeves.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment