My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You’re Next (2011)

I can’t quite explain why I liked this home invasion horror flick. Maybe it’s because the hero is a woman, the one smart enough and strong enough to stay alive. Maybe it’s because of the twist, that I saw coming but still felt was satisfying in its storytelling. Maybe it’s fun to watch a bunch of rich people make mistakes that cost their lives. I’m just not sure; I just liked this thrilling tale of men in wolf masks, for apparently no reason, assaulting a wealthy family arrived to their vacation mansion for a get together. Sharni Vinson does a fine job as the anchor, the hero with the survivor skills to make the hunters the hunted. She’s basically the John McClane of the story. Director Adam Wingard has created something worth checking out and I’ll certainly keep on the lookout for future projects he’s involved with. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment