My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Opera (1987)

I like Dario Argento but this is not one of his better films. The story is all over the place.  It centers around a young opera singer named Betty and a psycho who kills all of those around her as they close in on her. It’s not the Phantom of the Opera and I kind of wish he had just followed that story than do this weird out of sync version. There are Argento’s typical camera games and gore but none of it works.  Disappointing, I'm almost done watching all of his work and I had high hopes this would be a good one. Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment