My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kiss of the Damned (2013)

Xan Cassavetes makes a vampire love story that is actually sexy. Move over Twilight, this is how you do it. It’s haunting and beautiful and when Djuna’s sister Mimi shows up it gets a little scary. The plot is thin for sure but the story unfolds with a moody atmospheric energy that pulls you in and doesn’t let go. Milo Ventimiglia gives his best performance to date as the writer who falls in love with Djuna a vampiress and becomes a vampire in the process. When the film ends I was very satisfied. This is the kind of unpredictable vampire story I like and recommend it for those interested in these kinds of out-of-the-box kind of fables. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment