My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Broadway Idiot (2013)

Green Day is one of my guilty pleasures. I love their pop-punk melodies and catchy inventive lyrics. This documentary follows the behind-the-scenes making of the Broadway show based on Green Day’s huge hit American Idiot. Yet it’s also the story of how Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool became enticed into the musical theater crowd. As a former thespian I easily related. The theater nerds of the world are awesome and make for great friends, which you can see these music icons realized upon this energetic and chaotic collaboration. I may never actually ever get a chance to see this show live but the documentary was very rewarding. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment