My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Batman Vs. Superman - Official Title (Commentary)

Warner Bros unveiled the official title for the next Superman film . . . I mean, the next Batman film . . . wait, it’s actually a Justice League prologue setting up the next big team superhero franchise. Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Unfortunately it’s a very indecisive title which spells doom for the film. I hope I’m wrong but it’s like they can’t decide what film they’re making, who is the main character, and as seen in the past (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, I’m referring to you) you can’t throw everything at us and expect us to be happy. We need a completely realized film with a central hero to carry the narrative and a clear plot that won’t have us scratching our heads (Transformers, I’m thinking of you this time). I hold out hope because I want to see Zack Synder grand slam this bad boy because we, the film fans of the world, deserve a great Batman vs. Superman film. Please Warner Bros. don’t mess this up and try to mash-up everything into one film. You have time. You can make many more JLA movies.  The great myth is that DC and Marvel are sworn enemies, but this isn't true.  Each can only bolster the other.  Superhero comic book fans who see Marvel films will see DC films too, especially if they're good.  Don't adopt the do or die approach.  The competition is healthy and friendly.  Who cares if Marvel makes 2 billion dollars is you make 1.9 billion?

No comments:

Post a Comment