My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Unnamed by Joshua Harris (Novel)

This beautifully written love story is a tragic obstacle course meant to take our leads and test them to the brink.  Tim Farnsworth is a man with a problem.  He walks, without warning or cause.  He suddenly must walk, walking for miles out of his way until he final collapses.  His wife, Jane, must deal with this unexplained phenomenon by driving around looking for him.  This puts a strain on their marriage, especially when it affects his ability to work as a lawyer and be a father to their daughter Becka.  The book follows them through the years as they deal with this mysterious, off-and-on again issue.  I love odd stories like this and especially when they're this well-done.  It'll break your heart while also making you think about what love is and how you should live the life you have.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment