My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy Accidents (1999)

Vincent D’Onofrio and Marisa Tomei fall in love and you’d think everything is perfect except he’s convinced he’s from the future. She obviously doesn’t believe him and hopes she can cure him of his delusion. Then a mystery unravels when she discovers the name Chrystie Delancey written in one of his books. As quirky independent films go, this one is a big winner for me. I enjoyed this film’s twist and turns and found the ending very rewarding. If you’re looking for a fun love story with a very naturalistic feel this is the film for you.  Brad Anderson directs and does a splendid job.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment