My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Game of Thrones (Season 1)

After reading the first book of The Song of Fire and Ice I rented the first season of the HBO television series. Now I see why everyone is talking about this show. It’s a really great production with a perfect cast and solid writing. The production design is beautiful and completely realized. Some portions of the story look just as I saw it in my head when reading the book. Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage and Mark Addy are excellent choices as Ned, Tyrion and King Robert. Then there is the introduction of such fine actors as Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke. Will the producers of this show be able to continue to develop this at such a high level of quality and what happens when they adapated all the books published so far? George R.R. Marin is still writing his story. Are they going to wait? All I know is I have to ask myself is it worth reading the books first, and risk someone spoiling the story. I might have to start Season 2 now. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment