My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Star Wars Cast (Commentary)

Lucasfilm just announced the cast of the new Star Wars films and all I have to say is this: excellent job. We have the originals which we knew were coming back. That’s a no-brainer. Then we have Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley and the legendary Max von Sydow. What do I love about this cast? With the exception of Sydow, all of these people are relatively unknown. Yes, Andy Serkis is pretty famous but all of his work is in Motion Capture so no one will really recognize him. These kind of choices prove that J.J. Abrams and company have a clear vision to take this film back to a philopohsy that built the first trilogy. I do hope they add some more women to this cast, since I know there’s probably still some casting to be made, but this is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment