My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Roger Ebert (Commentary)

I’m saddened by the news of Roger Ebert’s passing. Mr. Ebert was the greatest film critic of all-time. Period. He spoke to the average man in a clear voice, celebrating movies and educating the world about all things film.  The days of going online to see “what Ebert thinks” is over and I will greatly miss that. The good news is he has a plethora of reviews to look back on and read. Then there are his books which I highly recommend, my favorite being his The Great Movies series. I say to celebrate this man everyone should watch a movie from one of these books. Watch a classic film you haven’t seen that Ebert praised with love. There is no other way to honor this man who so honored film. The film world will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment