My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Parks and Recreation (Season 2)

What’s the best show to watch when you’re sleep deprived and helping your wife nurse a newborn? This one staring Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope, the most dedicated public official of a small town one could ever hope to have. And while I liked the first season, this sophomore one is a big improvement. The entire cast really gels during this run and Nick Offerman, Aziz Ansari and Aubrey Plaza all continue to impress, crafting the kind of memorable characters classic television shows have always had. Then there’s Chris Platt who is a star in the making. He’s easily one of my favorite dumb guys of any sitcom. I get the feeling though Paul Schneider’s character is becoming more and more irrelevant. I don’t expect to see him returning. Overall there are a lot of great episodes this time around. The Hunting Trip, Sweetums, The Possum, and 94 Meetings were my favorites. What makes this show work is that it’s character driven and it has great characters we care about to utilize. It doesn’t really matter what they do, they just make it funny. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment