My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, March 17, 2014

House of Cards (Season 1)

Kevin Spacey stars in an American remake of the British series of the same name. It’s no surprise with the talent this show has that it’s as well-crafted as it is. I’m not going to praise it as the best show ever made or anything like that, it’s really good but I think the politics of the show (while realistic) is a bit tedious at times. To sum up the show I’d say it’s a what-if mash-up of a modern Richard III marrying Queen MacBeth and then the both of them taking on American politics. Toss in a young reporter in way over her head in the mix and this is drama which sparks with tension. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment