My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two (2011)

The End is here at last and so far I'd say this is the best Blockbuster of the year.  The stakes are high.  Harry, Hermione and Ron still have a laundry list of Horcruxs to find and destroy, Voldermort just obtained the most powerful wand ever made and Death Eaters are everywhere.  If you were worried that they tried to stuff too much in this film, calm your worries because every piece of the puzzle that is the climax to Harry's story is told just right, none of it is rushed and the action is as exciting as one would hope.  If the producers hoped to make a film that would stand the test of time and be one of the best endings to a franchise ever, they succeeded beyond their dreams.  Congrats to everyone involved for the many years of creation and determination.  It was all worth it (even having to suffer the first two awful films).  Grade: A

Spoilers:  Finally Snape is given his due and I couldn't be more happy how it played out.  I would argue if the previous films had spent more time developing Harry and Snapes relationship the scene would have been even better but thankfully I have read the books.  For me there was only one nit-picky error in this movie and that was how Harry and Voldermort fight in a cloud, flying all over Hogwarts.  It was a little distracting and the effect comes off as a bit corny but hey, if that's the only cringe worthy moment than that's really good.  My favorite scene: Ron and Hermione's kiss.  Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment