My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New Spring by Robert Jordan

Robert Jordan took a break in writing the ending of the Wheel of Time to write this prequel about how Moiraine Damodred and Siuan Sanche began their clandestine search to find the Dragon Reborn and how Lan Mandragoran became Moiraine’s Warder.   I wonder if Mr. Jordan would have taken the time to write this book if he would have known he’d get sick two years after publishing it and would die a year after that.   I’m not saying it’s a bad book, in fact I loved it.  But it did keep him from moving forward completing his epic story and as a result someone else has had to do that.   While I loved it, I will say it doesn’t really add to the overall story of the Wheel of Time.  It’s mostly stuff we already know.  That’s another reason why I almost wish he had not started it.  But it is a good read and I love the characters so much I can’t condemn it.  If you like the Wheel of Time you should add it to your reading list.  If you’ve never read a book from this series, don’t start here.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment