My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, December 18, 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (2015)

At last the second part to the conclusion of the Hunger Games film series.   My biggest complaint with Lionsgate deciding to divide up this book is that they didn’t do enough to make the films stand on their own.  They could have diverted from the book a little bit with the first one and really got into Katniss proving she deserves to fight for the cause instead of just being their symbol.  Now that I’ve seen this second part, while I liked all that they did, I can’t help but feel a three hour version would have been way more satisfying.   If you’re read the book, I’m happy to see they followed the story as Suzanne Collins wrote it.  The action is solid and the characters’ arcs transition to film wonderfully.   If you didn’t like the book you’ll probably not care for the film.  I loved the book and liked the film.  I wish the ending had a stronger build and I think the epilogue was a tad long.  Still it’s a decent ending to a pretty terrific series. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment