My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Making a Murderer (Season 1)

This ten part series on Netflix is the true and completely unbelievable story of Steven Avery.  Here is a guy who is wrongfully accused of sexually assaulting a woman, is cleared because of DNA evidence and then is arrested for another crime, this time murder.   Is he innocent again or guilty?  I can go into all the evidence and stuff but I’d rather you watch this incredible frustrated sage of two men against a prejudiced system.   
Grade: A-


Spoilers: Okay now that you’ve seen it . . . there’s no way this guy should be in jail.  That’s not to say he didn’t do it, he could have done it, but I couldn’t have sent him there because the reasonable doubt is overwhelming.  That crooked police department set him up and there’s no way you can convince me otherwise. I'm sure there's some evidence the film makers might not have shown us but again, if I'm a jury, I send him home, for good or bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment