My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Spectre (2015)

Daniel Craig is back as James Bond and we’re finally going to be introduced to his greatest nemesis Blofeld and his secret criminal organization set on taking over the world.   Sam Mendes returns to the director chair and all is in place for a great film.  Sadly I would not say this one is as successful as I had hoped.   While I didn’t particular enjoy Skyfall as much as everyone else did, it is superior to this sequel.  Christoph’s Blofeld is very underwhelming and the plot is less interesting or even coherent.   The one highlight is the casting of Lea Seydoux as Bond’s new love interest.   She pretty much saves the film from being a complete failure.  In the end I wouldn’t say it’s a bad Bond film, I did like it but it just didn’t feel as if they captured the spirit of Bond.  There’s really only one scene that felt like it came from a Bond film and that’s at the beginning.   After that every action scene felt like a retread of other famous Bond films.   And without a strong villain, and Blofeld should have been great, it's just pretty blah.   I really hope this isn’t Daniel Craig’s last outing as 007.  I want him to go out with a bang instead of a mild shrug like this.  Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment