My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2015


Honorable Mentions: The Hateful 8, Ant-man, Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, and Pan.
 
10. The Revenant - A man is left for dead after getting attacked by a bear. Recent Oscar winner Alejandro González Iñárritu directs with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy.

9. Mission Impossible 5 – Tom Cruise returns as Ethan Hunt and I can’t wait to see what high-flying stunts he and director Christopher McQuarrie have in store for us. I can hear the theme song now.

8. Crimson Peak– Guillermo del Toro. Enough said.

7. Ex Machina – I’ve only seen the image of a female robot without skin cover her body and that’s all I need to see. Alex Garland writes and directs.

6. In the Heart of the Sea – Ron Howard’s period piece based on the true events that inspired Moby Dick. Who wouldn’t want to see a group of sailors be attacked by an anger whale?

5. Mad Max: Fury Road – I loved Road Warrior and with George Miller coming back to direct all I can say is I know we’ll have a crazy fun time with this one.

4. Inside Out – Pixar’s back and it sounds like they’re making something special with this film about a girl’s emotions.

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Joss Whendon returns as director and co-writer to shakes things up for Marvel’s premium super team. This is going to be huge.

2. Tomorrowland – I know very little about this but Brad Bird directs it and George Clooney is in it. Something about that combination with a science fiction film makes me really excited.

1. Star Wars The Force Awakens –  Could any other film be more anticipated?  Nope.  If this is as good as I hope I will be a very very very happy man. We need a good Star Wars film, please be a good Star Wars film.  Don’t let me down J.J?

No comments:

Post a Comment