My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Batgirl Vol.1: The Darkest Reflection (Comic)

Yes, I'm reading a lot of comics right now if you couldn't tell.  In this one, Barbara Gordon’s back is healed and she’s returned to fighting the good fight in the streets of Gotham. Gail Simone and Ardian Syaf reinvent the character in an exciting and enduring way. I loved reading this book, the art work is great and I really felt I understood Barbara’s journey which is rare sometimes in these compartmentalized superhero tales. Here she must fight the Mirror as well as prove herself ready to the task to Nightwing and of course Batman. This is a great addition to the Batman family mythology. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment