My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan (Novel) [Revisited]

We come to the eighth book in the Wheel of Time and again it feels like Jordan is slipping just a tad. While certainly a very entertaining book and I don’t have any major problems with it, it’s getting clear that we’re in a setting up phase. Elayne and Nynaeve use the Bowl of the Winds to fix the weather and then must escape with their number of channeling women before the Seanchan can capture them. Perrin is back in this book and is on a mission to find the Prophet Masema Dager and bring him to Rand so Masema can be put in check. Then Rand goes on a crusade with his armies to drive the Seanchan out of Altara.  I did like this book but without Mat’s humor I felt something missing. The best part of the book for me was Rand’s obsession to win a battle that he probably doesn’t need to win.  Also I loved how Queen Morgase is hired by Faile as a maid. While not as overlong as the seventh book, not a lot happens when you compare it to other books in the series. Still I’m as excited as ever to keep going, knowing that once the set-up is over it’s going to get really interesting. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment