My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stranger Things (Season 1)

If ever a project was created solely to entertain me it was this one.  This is now in my top three favorite shows on TV.  Netflix, I don’t know where you found these guys, but the Duffer Brothers are for real.   Here it is a blending of Stephen King, Spielberg, and everything ‘80s to make a horror/science fiction spectacular unlike anything I’ve seen (even though its spawned from everything I’ve seen).   Three middle school friends, Mike, Dustin and Lucas, try to find their friend, Will, who mysteriously disappeared one night after playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons.   Meanwhile a strange young girl without a name escapes a nearby top-secret base where something very bad has been unleashed.  Winoma Ryder returns in full-on- crazy-mom-searching-for-her-son mode and David Harbour plays the police chief trying to get to the bottom of many strange things (hee hee).   There are not that many shows I want to re-watch after seeing them.  This is one of them.  The chemistry with the cast is great.  The monster is actually very scary.   I could see this being the next big show.  It’s wonderful.  Can I just write that over and over again in a blog?  It’s wonderful, it’s wonderful, it’s freaking wonderful!  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment