My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Jessica Jones (Season 1)

After the success of Daredevil I was really excited about this next series in the Marvel universe on Netflix.   Based on the comic book (obviously) it’s basically what if Veronica Mars didn’t have a strong father figure and was super strong.  Unlike Daredevil, this one took a few more episodes to get me hooked.  It wasn’t really bad it’s just not as engaging at first.   Krysten Ritter is a good choice for the role but the whole anti-hero vibe didn’t work for me until we saw more of her inner workings.  I think it might have been a mistake to keep her so mysterious at first because she’s just not very likable until you understand her past.   That said, once the series gets going and introduces us to its villain, played wonderfully by David Tennant, it gets really good.   This was proof again that the best stuff marvel is doing isn’t in the cinematic world but on Netflix.  I can’t wait to see Luke Cage coming out later this year.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment