My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Sandman: Doll House by Neil Gaiman (Comic)

The second volume in Gaiman’s legendary comic is a must-read for anyone who treasures great storytelling. This one deals with Rose Walker, a dream vortex, and Dream’s duty to find her. Rose in turn is in search of her younger brother, Jed, who was taken prisoner by two escapees from the Dream Realm. There’s also the Corinthian, another escapee who has become a serial killer and an inspiration to other murderers. There are many wonderful characters and surprises in this book. My favorite tale is about Hob Gadling, a man that Dream granted eternal life and through history we get to see what Hob does with this gift. With only two volumes I can see why this series is considered one of the greatest ever (not that I had any doubts). And to think I have so many more volumes to look forward to. Yeah for not devouring these when I was younger because now I can really appreciate them. Grade: A

 

No comments:

Post a Comment