My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Rush (2013)

I don’t know anything about Formula One racing and until this film came along I could care less if I ever did learn something. But with Peter Morgan writing the script and Ron Howard directing, I’ve been introduced to one of the greatest rivalries in racing history. James Hunt and Niki Lauda are two egotistical racing masters who went head to head during the ‘70s. This is their story and it’s a very entertaining one. James Hunt is the playboy party animal and Niki the over-confident loner. No wonder they clashed. Car racing is kind of boring when you think of it, cars just zipping along a course. But with Ron Howard he made every turn as exciting as it is for those behind the wheel. You really feel how intense and crazy this kind of high-end racing is like. I have a new respect for these guys for sure. Sadly this film didn’t do that well which is a shame. I really enjoyed the fun of not knowing who to root for. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment