My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Horse and his Boy by C.S. Lewis

I’m not sure what I thought of this third Narnia story. A boy named Shasta escapes a harsh Calormene adopted father with a talking horse named Bree on a journey to Narnia. They meet up with Aravis, a Calormene girl fleeing a marriage proposal from Ahoshta, and another talking horse named Hwin. They find themselves entwined in a battle, with the Tisrac’s son, Rabadash, leaving to invade his neighbors and conquer Narnia. It has some good moments but is certainly not as satisfying as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I will say that it ends well. I just wish the element of adventure was more consistent. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment