My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

The second book in Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series is just as good as the first.   The Baratheon brothers are fighting for the crown and completely underestimating the Lannister’s hold on the Iron Throne.  Tyrion is now the Hand of the King and is faced with dealing with an invading army and a cruel young nephew in Joeffry.  And the Starks continue to suffer, poor family.  Sansa is a hostage betrothed.  Arya is wandering the lands trying to get to her mother.  While her mother, Catelyn is with her oldest son, Robb, the King of the North, gathering their forces.   What I enjoy about these books is that a lot happens and there are many new characters that are really exciting to read.  I can’t wait to start watching the show.  I think at this point I’ll stop reading and watch.   I’ll return to reading the books after I catch up with the show.   I’ll be interesting to see what changes the show made.   I can’t wait to see the Battle at Blackwater Bay.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment