My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Jurassic World (2015)

This is the sequel to Jurassic Park we’ve been waiting for.  I enjoyed the last two but in many ways this is the real sequel.  First and foremost it’s really fun and exciting.  On top of that it reboots the story without it feeling like a remake.   Sure you have some of the same story points but it’s forgivable because of the amount of time that has passed since the first one and also because it’s really entertaining.  Then there are the new elements that seem to justify this film’s existence.  Here is a world where seeing a living dinosaur is no longer amazing but just a ho-hum experience.  Here is a world where using dinosaurs as a weapon might sound like a good idea.  What can I say, I didn’t know I’d enjoy this film as much as I did.  Congrats to  Colin Trevorrow and crew for delivering.  A-

No comments:

Post a Comment