My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside Out (2015)

I’m going to keep this short because you just need to see it.  This is one of the most inventive and playful looks at human development ever put on film.  Watching Riley and the Emotions in her head learn and grow is magical to behold.  It speaks truths everyone will be able to relate to while at the same time being funny, heartwarming and exciting.  This film goes to places emotionally that most animated film just can’t go.  This is not a “Herman’s Head” clone(yes, I remember that sitcom). This is a beautiful story told beautifully.  I loved it and cannot think of any other word but masterpiece to describe it.  Best film of the year so far.  A+

No comments:

Post a Comment