My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Penny Dreadful (Season 2)

This sophomore edition to Showtime’s Victorian Horror series is even better than the first season.  Eva Green anchors this show with her talent and charisma and this time around they have a real villain in Helen McCrory, a witch set to seduce and destroy Sir Malcolm Murray.   There are many great episodes but my favorite is Vanessa Ives back story.  My only complaint is with the development of Lily played by Billie Piper, I just am not sure what they’re doing with her and it makes me nervous for season 3.   Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment