My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Deep Space Nine (Season 2)

It’s pretty much what you’d expect from a returning season of a well-produced Star Trek show.  The producers improve upon what they set up in the first season, expand the character arcs and build on the universe they’ve created.  The best episodes are: Cardassians (with a Cardassian boy who was raised by Bajorans), Second Sight (a Sisko love story), Armageddon Game (an excellent mystery with O’Brien and Bashir being killed for helping rid a dangerous weapon), Paradise (Sisko and O’Brien are prisoners on a planet without technology), Blood Oath (Dax and a trio of Klingons seek out to kill an evil Klingon out of revenge), Crossover (an alternate universe story where the Klingons and Cardassians rule the Universe), and Tribunal (where O’Brien is taken prisoner and must face charges of crimes against Cardassians).  In fact there really aren’t any bad episodes.  My least favorite was probably Melora but that’s only because Bashir the lover boy gets on my nerves.  Overall a good second season for a show I think is on par with Next Generation.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment