My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Teaser)

I usually wait to see teasers for future films in an actual theater but I couldn’t help myself and I watched this one online. I think it’s because I assumed the teaser for this DC comics superhero launch would suck. I was so wrong. This was an outstanding teaser. I still can’t believe how much I enjoyed it. It pumped up my expectations a lot that is certain. The opening shot of a statue of Superman with voice-overs from various people talking about him was a great way to get you interested. The idea that Superman is seen by some as a God and others worry about him being too powerful is realistic and helps open up Bruce Wayne’s concerns. Ben Affleck looks great as Batman. He’s a beast out to dominate Superman and make sure he’s not a threat. The last line, “Do you bleed? You will.” is so menacing that it frightened me. In any other film the line might have come across as a bit cheesy but it works perfectly here. Zack Snyder might actually get this one right. It’s looking to be a great and exciting film. If Gal Gadot impresses us as Wonder Woman than I think we’ll have a great series of comic book films from the WB. This is the film to watch so far for 2016. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment