My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Unbelievers (2014)

When I read there would be a documentary about great thinkers and atheists Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins I became really excited.  For one I’m basically an atheist myself (yet I really really want to be wrong) and I was looking forward to an intellectual dialogue from these two celebrated gentleman.  In the end this is just a clip show of their travels without much context.  There are way too many moments were these guys are being filmed walking through airports than actually talking about their ideas for my taste.   I guess I should be inspired by this celebration of science and reason, and I was to some degree, but this film never gets past being a commercial.  I was so disappointed by this film I don’t even want to recommend it.  Yet the ideas behind the film I really want people to experience.  So I suggest instead finding these two guys books and reading them.  Wait for a real documentary to come along that does what I wish this film had done.  Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment