My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, July 14, 2014

No Hellboy 3

I read some sad news today. Guillermo del Toro stated that he doesn’t believe a third Hellboy film will happen. I still hold out some hope, because anything is possible, but if true this would be one of the most disappointing things I’ve heard in movie land. I love the Hellboy films and with the way the second one ended it felt like a great epic ending was foretold. Now we’ll just have to use our imaginations. It irritates me to no end that del Toro doesn’t have the creative freedom to make the kind of films he wants to. I know making films is a business and his "works of art" aren’t bringing in lots of money but for me he should be allowed to finish this Hellboy trilogy. He should be allowed to make At the Mountain of Madness. I won’t state he’s a genius (for that term is overused a lot) I do consider him one of the most creative forces in the industry. And we need people like him to give our cinematic landscape bursts of inspiration. While it’s unlikely a conclusion to the Hellboy cinematic world will be delivered to us, I know Ron Pearlman wants to do it. Maybe, maybe if del Toro had a big hit (Pacific Rim 2?) the Hollywood moneymen will change their minds. Maybe. I will be crossing my fingers, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment