My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Home (2015)

I loved this fun, zany animated film about the friendship between an alien named Oh and a girl named Tip.  The Boov, purple blob beings, are on the run from a dangerous alien race called the Gorg.  To hide, they invade Earth and succeed at relocating every human into one place.  That’s except for Tip who is left behind with her cat named Pig.   Oh and Tip become outlaws and work together to reunite Tip with her mother.  Along the way, they learn the meaning of friendship.   Jim Parsons and Steve Martin provide their voices and it's fantastic how well they bring their characters to life.  The writing is hilarious and the action clever and exciting.   This is director Tim Johnson’s best film by far.  I say bring on a sequel.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment