My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (Miniseries)

The strange case of Robert Durst: a billionaire that was once young and in love and detached from his real estate mogul father. Then he was pulled back in and things went wrong, really wrong. Has there ever been a story of life being stranger than fiction more than this? From director and writer, Andrew Jareck with Marc Smerling and Zachary Stuart-Pontier assisting, comes this six-part documentary from HBO that will have you mind-boggled that such a person could exist and more importantly could survive all possible investigations. While I don’t know if it needed to be six episodes long (some of the same shots were used) it does build to a great ending, an epic scene of revelation that will have you gasping. If you haven’t read the headlines recently, do check this out. If you have read all the headlines and know what’s currently going on in Dursts’ life, do still check this out. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment